In this role, the Data Scientist will be responsible for collaborating with other team members and key stakeholders to support the wide ranging analytics needs of yhe compsny in Ireland. The primary responsibility of this position will be to support the design, execution, analysis, interpretation and reporting of advanced analytical activities within the site. This role will report directly to the Analytics Manager.
• Work closely with engineering, quality and IT teams to implement business intelligence and analytics solutions
• Gather, process, and analyze raw and often complex data from different sources using advanced statistical modeling techniques
• Work with external partners to deliver advanced analytics related projects
• Work with key stakeholders to clearly explain complex empirical results and support integration into business applications
• Drive project execution by defining and implementing common BI and analytics process and standard delivery measures
• Support business partners with ad-hoc analysis as needed
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Masters Degree in a Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related technical field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience solving analytical problems using machine learning, statistics, and other empirical techniques OR a Ph.D. in a Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or related technical field required.
• Demonstrated applied experience in data analysis, statistical principles, data mining and algorithm development.
• Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources is required
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data is required
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL is required
• Expert knowledge of at least one analysis tool is required (R, Python, Matlab, or SAS)
• Experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
• Experience working with data visualisation tools preferred, (e.g. Qlik, Tableau)
• Strength in interdependent partnering and collaboration skills to build strong relationships with internal customers, suppliers and business partners.
• Change Agent with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Maintains integrity and trust within and across all organizations and relationships.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com