Our client, a global telecoms organisation, aims to build a team of experienced analytics engineers to work across the organisation, using inner source practices. The team will be responsible for technical/architectural governance of common components related to analytics, creation and technical evolution of components/frameworks, and supporting and advising the development teams who will use the components.
The role requires some flexibility in terms of location. You will be required to spend time on-site in Athlone at the beginning of the project, after which you will be based in Dublin with 1-2 days in Athlone each week.
• Experience of Core Java 8.
• Experience of parallel computing (multi-threading).
• Excellent design and analysis skills.
• Experience or knowledge of the following: EJB, JBoss Server, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful web services, RHEL/Linux, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JIRA and Python scripting.
• Ability to work effectively in an Agile environment.
• Fluency in English.
• Experience or knowledge of complex event processing.
• Experience or knowledge of stream processing frameworks.
• Familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark or similar.
• Familiarity with virtualisation and cloud implementation.
• Experience in Scala, data mining and Hadoop technology.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click on apply now or call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000 for further information.