Primary responsibilities include overall accountability and leadership for a complex projects successful and timely implementation as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility for managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a projects success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
- Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a complex nature. Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones.
- Ensure methodology compliance and manage resolutions, reporting to management when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project. Monitor and manage the project delivery against product roadmap. Must be familiar with the system’s scope and project objectives (initiatives and critical path features), as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Identify and monitor project risks.
- Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
- Effectively lead the project team to align with the business objectives, project/train schedules, and project budget.
- Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- PMP certification preferred
Knowledge / Experience:
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
- 5 to 8 years of experience with structured agile methodology and project planning tools.
- Knowledge of and the payments industry preferred.
- Experience or certification with Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe) is a plus, but not required.
- Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage the scope and timelines for dependent cross-functional teams (i.e. infrastructure, data warehouse, etc.)
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.