IT Engineer or Airport Engineer - Shannon Airport - . €20,000 - €25,760 + on call and overtime-. Have you gained experience within an IT Technician role/ IT Engineer role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as Airport Engineer at ESP Global Services based onsite at Shannon Airport could be the next role for you.
What does the role involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team to provide on-site support at Shannon Airport for all components of the Airport passenger processing system within agreed contractual service level agreements. We pride ourselves on our customer service, you will ensure a consistent and high level of customer service is provided to the customer first time every time whilst continuing to build relationships with all key stakeholders and departmental areas.
* Providing occasional cover at Cork Airport and other sites
* Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance as well as "floor-walking" on the range of passenger processing equipment within the airport.
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and work to agreed SLAs
* Maintain a high level of communication at all time with both colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
* Identify any spares required and advise the Global Service Desk accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly.
* Resolve any issues escalated by the Airport Technicians in a timely manner so that the SLA can still be met
The suitable candidate for this IT Engineer role is required to work shifts, provide rotational ‘on call’ cover and provide backfill at Cork Airport and other sites. Please see below:
* Shifts run Monday to Sunday
* IT Engineer will be on weekly rotational shift
* Shannon Airport , 3 days on, 3 days’ rest
* 3 days on shift - 6am to 6pm
* 1 week in 3 ‘on call’- you are able to talk an onsite engineer through the technical problem – if the onsite engineer is unable to fix issue you shall be required to attend site.
Essential Skills & Experience:
*A basic knowledge of networking architecture CCTV systems, Cabling Cat5, BNC, mains power basics.
* Basic understanding of Microsfot Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
* Basic understanding of network technologies such as Routers, Switchers and firewalls
*Good Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software (Windows 98/ 2000/ XP, Office 97/2000/XP)
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
* Previous IT Support experience
* Full Driving Licence
* Comptia A+ certification (desirable)
* Comptia Network + certification (desirable)
* ESP offers a free Learning and Development portal that boasts thousands of courses
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.