Our client, a leading global innovator in the world of IOT, currently has multiple job openings for Software Developers at all levels (Junior to Principal).
To be the right Software Engineer for this job, it is crucial you have worked on enterprise cloud based systems, at scale, using Microservices.
This is an exciting new team and project within a large, global organisation. You will be working on a new Cloud Platform, and applications, that will deliver the company’s IOT products to its customer.
This project is still in early stage, as such the team are looking for people who will not be afraid to put forward ideas that will help shape the future of the product. Although Java is the core language used, and you will be an expert here, many other languages and technologies are, and will be utilised. (E.g. Node, Scala, Go and more)
If you are looking to work in a relatively early stage R&D type environment that is geared toward putting an actual products into production then you should apply below.
What you will be doing:
• Design and Develop a suite of Microservices to support the cloud platform and applications.
• Participate in the full development life-cycle
• Work with DevOps team to ensure continuous delivery of services
• Participation to global projects with other R&D teams in Dublin & in the World (US, India, Israel, UK…)
• Active participation in cloud and open source technologies evaluation.
• Use out-of-the-box solutions when possible and innovate when necessary
• Stay current with latest development technologies and trends
• Coaching of Junior developers, or learning from Senior
What you will bring to the team:
• 2 to 7+ years software development in any of: Java, Scala, Go, Node.js or other relevant cloud tech.
• Comfortable developing in Unix/Linux environments
• Good understanding of microservices architecture and SOA
• RESTful API design and implementation
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Good understanding of continuous delivery methods (DevOps)
• Good automated testing skills
It would be nice to have:
• Professional experience designing, building and deploying scalable microservices
• Familiarity with database technologies (Relational, Object, KV, Graph are all good)
• Familiarity with containerization technologies and methodologies.
• Experience working with continuous deployment to a cloud environment
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Software Development job then please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or just click apply.