Our client are a leader in the financial services and based in Dublin City Centre.
They have an immediate requirement for a Data Analyst to join their team. This role is offered as a 6 month Daily rate contract and will appeal to Data Analytics professionals who want to be involved in driving change and innovation within financial services. Excellent rates are on offer to the right candidate.
This role will sit within a specialist Innovation division, with a primary focus to solve complex and usually confidential and sensitive problems leveraging advanced data processing tools and analytics techniques.
• Data sourcing, discovery and analytics using a variety of tools, visualisation and scripting
• Hands on analytics and application of data science techniques, such as statistical modelling and predictive analysis, to provide transformative proposals
• Creation of models, reports and visualisation solutions providing interpretation and insight into business data and processes
• Issue identification and analysis techniques, such as pattern analysis and root cause analysis, to help identify why issues occur and propose solutions.
• Work with other analysts to develop and implement data analytics procedures and best practices.
• Mentor and coach junior team members to develop their analytic, technology and business skillsets.
• 3+ year’s proven experience in data analytics
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience with Hadoop (Hive, Impala, HUE, Scoop, map reduce) highly desirable
• Experience with python or other scripting languages highly desirable
• Experience of R or similar desirable but not essential.
• The ability to identify issues and propose solutions
• The ability to prioritise key deliverables
• Experience working in Global teams
• Experience with Agile principles and methodology
• Educated at a minimum to degree level (or overseas equivalent) in a quantitative discipline
For further information please contact Derek Smyth at 01 662 1000 or submit your CV through the link.