Our client has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. They revolutionized digital 3D design. Now their leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way companies create, operate, and service products. With this technology, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
They are seeking to recruit a passionate Cloud and Microservices Architect to join their Office of the CTO. The candidate would be working with architects, technologists and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that their products, solutions, and IoT platform take full advantage of the opportunities offered by a Cloud first microservice based architecture. Their product portfolio goals are to vastly increase their development and deployment speed by making SaaS based products with a modern microservices architecture. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with the Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
• Architect and provide technical direction for the microservices approach in the Tech Stack for cloud/SaaS and on-premise products both in enterprise and mobile space.
• Lead on the setting and enforcement of architecture standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
• Review and evaluate new and existing architecture and code to ensure it meets standards; or for existing products that they will operate within the overall cloud architecture.
• Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organization and to our field organizations, partners and customers
• Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
• Create and maintain documentation
• Battle scarred in the development and deployment of microservice based highly scalable distributed systems.
• Deep understanding of, and demonstrable experience in, designing, implementing, validating, and debugging fault tolerant software in cloud deployments.
• Excellent technical development skills in microservice oriented platforms, frameworks and tools; for example, AWS, node.js, Docker, Mesos, Hadoop etc.
• Technical understanding of Dev Ops requirements and tools.
• Thought Leadership in open source communities in cloud and/or microservice architecture, shown by conference presentations, Blogs, code contributions etc. would be a significant plus.
• Broad awareness of system architectures.
• 10+ years of experience in developing, architecting, deploying highly scalable distributed computer systems with 4+ years’ experience focus on Cloud and Microservices architecture.
• Previous experience transitioning complex enterprise monoliths to a microservice architecture.
• Bachelor’s or higher post-graduate degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
• Big data and/or analytics experience would be beneficial
• Exposure to Cloud Security requirements and issues would be a plus.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
If you are interested in the Cloud / Microservices Architect role please click on apply now, or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.