My client is urgently looking for a talented Big Data Developer to join their team. The successful candidate should have Python & REST web service experience. Knowledge of either relational or object databases is also a requirement. Web development experience would be advantageous.
As a key member of the team you will be expected to analyse requirements, design and implement solutions to fulfil business needs. The successful candidate will work in a global team with colleagues in Ireland, the UK and the US. It offers opportunities to learn about technologies used in banking as well as ongoing training and the opportunity to work with and learn from technologists who are experienced in delivering successful enterprise scale solutions.
• As a Python Developer you will work on a global multi-functional project team which combines technical expertise in languages such as C # or Java, with a deep understanding of our business and its competitive environment.
• Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems.
• Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives.
• Employ the latest mind-set techniques such as agile development to deliver solutions in order to succeed.
• Be exposed to technologies such as Python, Netezza Database, Informatica and MicroStragety
• Degree/Masters or equivalent experience
• 3+ years post-qualification technical work experience
• Experience in banking/finance sector a plus
• Team-player, strong analytical thinkers with excellent problem solving skills along with technical abilities in particular these areas Python development, Netezza Database and Relational Databases.
• Good knowledge of at least one OO programming language
• Relational database knowledge
• Knowledge of Python
• REST web services
• Basic design patterns and OOP
If you are interested in the Big Data Developer role please click on apply now or contact Angela O Donnell on 01 662 1000.