Our client, a leading Insurance Broker located in the city centre, currently has a job opening for a Data Analyst with strong visualisation skills. To be the right candidate for this position, you should have excellent SQL skills and an eye for effective data visualisation and storytelling.
This is a new team that is working on a new product that has recently had ownership form the US. Once the initial BI type work has been completed, focus will shift into the area of predictive analytics, as such an academic background in this areas would be extremely beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to move into the Data Science space.
• Contribute to and help execute the data strategy roadmap for the product.
• Liaising with Global Analytics in order to ensure smooth transition of the product from the US to Dublin
• Understand the use cases of the product and Develop functionality per the product roadmap
• Design and support the database for new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse
• Focus on the elements required to manage various aspects of business requirements through logical and physical design.
• Creation and Management of data models and data warehouse in relation to the product.
• Coordinate and assist data integrations across the company’s suite of in-house and 3rd party applications
• Build visual interfaces, shared visualization components, custom visualizations and other infographics for communicating data effectively
• Develop interactive dashboards and convey meaningful insights via effective display of data analysis outcomes
• Make recommendations on best-practices for data visualisation and work collaboratively to build team knowledge of effective data presentation techniques
• Participate in code reviews, task estimation and User Acceptance Testing
• Understand the use cases of the product and Develop additional functionality per the product roadmap
• Roll out the product to new countries and manage content availability
• Testing and data quality assurance of the product
• Ability to translate UI requirements into a workable database structure – in line with best practices
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated data analysis and data visualisation skills, effective knowledge-sharing skills and decision making abilities.
• Expert in BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Knowledge or relational databases.
• Preferred Programming languages: R, Python,
• Strong skills in SQL and related query languages
• 2+ years related work experience in Data Modelling and visual story telling
• Ability to prototype and transform ideas into polished products quickly
• Ability to manage delivering to tight deadlines
• Ability to share best practices to help develop others
• Ability to explain issues to a non-technical audience
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Data Analyst job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.