This is a senior technical role within the I.T. Operations team reporting to the I.T. Operations Manager. You will act as an escalation point to the Level 2 service desk and to the wider I.T. dept. by providing technical expertise. You will also be working alongside multiple partners to ensure solutions & services are fit for purpose. As required you will be expected to become a key stakeholder in technical projects.
This System Engineer role will have both vendor management and project management elements. If you do not possess a Prince or PMP the company will be happy to get you certified after you join. There is a possibility that this job will grow into an IT Manager role with time.
• 3rd level IT qualification
• 3 years’ experience in senior IT Support role
• Project management experience with relative qualifications (Prince, PMP, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of MS Operating systems (Server 2008, 2012), Active Directory, DNS, and OS Security; each to include recognised certifications
• Hands on administration experience with network load balancers, web servers/farms, application request routing, and IIS (http, https, ftp, ftps, sftp, smtp)
• Strong experience with Network and Storage technologies (LAN, WAN, SAN, firewalls, routers, managed switches, network topology/protocols)
• Broad experience of Virtualisation (VMware VCentre)
• Administration of backup solutions (Commvault an advantage)
• Experience in migrating key applications/services to cloud environments (public and/or private)
• Linux/Unix administration experience an advantage
• Provide technical expertise for service desk and wider I.T. team
• Escalation point for Level 2/3 issues (from Level 1 or 2)
• Work to increase Level 2 knowledge for teams, reviewing escalated cases weekly
• Assist wider I.T. team in developing their technical skills
• Provide backup Level 2 support as and when required
• Liaise with Managed Service and vendors as required, assisting and challenging them to provide the best solution and services available.
• Manage or input into technical projects as and when required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analysing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills.
• Ability to prioritise, perform, complete tasks in effective and timely manner.
• Methodically resolve the more difficult and complex production issues reported by users, partners, etc.
• Be a challenger and not afraid to think differently.
To apply for the I.T. Systems Engineer role please click on the apply now button or contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000.