This is an excellent IT Job opportunity for an experienced DevOps / Platform engineer to join a leading global firm that have made a significant investment in Ireland. You will be part of the R&D lab and will have exposure to all emerging technologies in their R&D Centre. Experience with Docker and Azure would be ideal. Experience in Big data environments a plus.
In this role you will manage the day to day operations of their environments and supporting platforms, engaging with the wider Platforms teams to do so. You will apply a “Dev Ops” philosophy and contribute to all aspects of the project execution, from establishing environments through to developing solutions.
You will be preferably an expert-level administrator in more than one type of data processing technology including Secure Hadoop (Cloudera + Kerberos + Encryption), databases (Oracle, MySQL), data integration tools (e.g. Pentaho, Informatica), scripting and data analytical tools and languages (Python, Spark, Hive, SQL).
You will be responsible for platform and application configuration management, capacity management, environment creation and readiness (software installation, configuration, etc.), data preparation, solution development, performance tuning and solution optimization.
• Configuration management and support of environments
• Creation of new capabilities, tools and solutions (e.g. environments, containers, monitors, scripts, etc.)
• Support of project teams (best practices, technical debt remediation, design guidance)
• Creation and preparation of environments for testing (e.g. Clusters, Databases, VMs)
• Evaluation and testing of new data technologies, tools and platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Analytics)
• Engage with the wider CDO Platforms team to ensure alignment and best practices.
Applied knowledge of some of the following is required:
• VM & Container Technologies (Docker, Openshift/Kubernetes, ESX)
• UNIX Systems Administration (Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu)
• Administering Hadoop and ecosystem technologies (Cloudera, Hive, Impala, Spark)
• Basic networking knowledge (DNS, DHCP, TCP)
• Code revision systems (Git)
• Scripting technologies (Python, Bash, Sh)
• Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Security Design (LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory)
Applied knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
• Public Cloud Environments (AWS, Google, Azure)
• Monitoring and Event Management (ELK/Splunk)
• Database Admin (SQL, PL/SQL)
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills