If your goal is to become a data scientist but are finding the requirements for these positions impossible meet, then this could be the job for you.
If you have two or more years in a position where you have analysed data using tools like R, Python, SAS, SPSS or others, have a solid mathematical/statistical background (professional or academic) and have strong communication skills you should apply to his job.
Alternatively you could be coming from a strong Business Intelligence background, have solid maths, and now want to transition to data science.
You will be joining our clients advanced analytics centre in Dublin City Centre. They have a number of positions available. This company is a large global financial services company, who have been investing heavily in the data science space. There are a number of different teams which you will get the opportunity to work on, including, once you have progressed, the core R&D Team.
You will be working alongside fully fledged data scientists whom you will learn how to build machine learning algorithms and apply them in solving real world problems the company faces. In addition you will be exposed to cutting edge technologies and languages, including the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop Hive, Impala, HUE, Scoop, map reduce etc.)
Ideally you will come from a Financial Services Background, but this is in no way essential
• Providing data sourcing, discovery and analytics using a variety of tools, visualisation and scripting
• Providing hands on analytics and application of data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modelling and predictive analysis, to provide transformative proposals
• Creating models, reports and visualisation solutions to provide interpretation and insight into business data and processes
• Using issuing identification and analysis techniques, such as pattern analysis and root cause analysis, to help identify why issues occur and proposing solutions
• Working with other Analysts to develop and implement data analytics procedures and best practices
• Mentoring and coaching junior team members to develop their analytic, technology and business skillsets
Skills & Qualifications:
• A good background and proven experience in Data Analytics/Statistical Analysis/Machine Learning
• Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
• Experience with python or other scripting languages (beneficial)
• Experience of R or similar (beneficial)
• Experience with Hadoop (Hadoop Hive, Impala, HUE, Scoop, map reduce etc.) Beneficial
• The ability to identify issues and propose solutions
• The ability to prioritise key deliverables
• Experience working in Global teams
• Experience with Agile principles and methodology
• Experience in a financial domain (capital markets, transaction banking, wealth management) beneficial
• Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent qualification / work experience) in a quantitative discipline
• Innovative, creative and passionate about data
• Articulate and able to work directly with a broad range of stakeholders
• A logical thinker, organised and meticulous
• Ability to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and a track record in providing insight and innovation through the application of data science
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Data Science job, then please don’t hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.