Fantastic opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a market-leading software house based in Cork City. My Client is a fast paced, expanding company which offers huge scope for progression within the company, while utilising the latest technologies. The culture is very much employee focused and encourage creativity from employees allowing you to take ownership of your projects.
The Data Scientist will join an expanding team that help customers respond to their top-priority business goals by introducing new ways to leverage their growing data assets, using statistical methods, machine learning, and predictive models.
· Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning and predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers based on data stored in Company data repositories.
· Create re-usable implementations of models using the available technologies in Company databases.
· Generate new product requirements for the software engineering group to enhance the in-house analytics capabilities.
· Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation.
· Analytics prototype development and delivery.
· Degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g. statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, operations research) with a passion for generating insights from data
· Knowledge of statistical methods (predictive modeling, data-mining and business analytics)
· Experience with open source statistical languages and packages, preferably R / Python
· Experience working with relational (SQL) and non-relational (MongoDB/Cassandra) databases
· Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (Qlikview or Tableau)
· Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets