Our client are a market leader in the IT security field are seeking to recruit a senior Security Specialist initially on a contract basis but with the possibility of extension / permanency.
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading team working on the design and development of new features across their entire product range.
They need a brilliant individual to assess and enhance the existing security provisions in place for their product, be it at a client site, in the Cloud or on their own network. If you enjoy owning problems and seeing them through to resolution then this may be what you are looking for.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Architecting, reviewing and guiding security solutions for all products, including hardware, software, databases and big data platform
• Working with engineers to identify architectural security weaknesses and to provide guidance on resolution
• Identification of cyber security vulnerabilities and risks for on premise and cloud-based client installations
• Definition and implementation of secure software development life-cycle best practices, including out-sourcing practices
• Identification, selection and review of third party tools for penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, etc.
• Providing market expertise on information security, data protection and data leak prevention
• Working with the data science team on machine learning algorithms for anomaly detection and analytics
• Evaluation of products against international Common Criteria and Evaluation Assurance testing.
• Ideally the successful candidate candidate will have:
• Experience in cyber security, risk assessment and threat mitigation
• Breach management/investigation and forensic analysis expertise
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual with a passion for doing things properly
• Ability to co-ordinate and action vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and ethical hacks
• In-depth knowledge of the cyber security landscape
• Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) in a relevant 3rd level degree
• Certification such as CISSP, CSA+ or similar
Candidates with some or all of the following will have a distinct advantage:
• Experience with the detection and prevention of malware, ransomware and phishing attacks
• Dynamic/static/integrated application security testing
• In-depth knowledge of data protection regulations and compliance e.g. GDPR, Hipaa, PCI etc.
• Experience in dealing with out-dated software/infrastructure e.g. SSL certificates in client sites
• Use of software composition analysis tools
• Awareness of run-time application self-protection capabilities
• Understanding of entitlements management methodologies – authentication, authorization, role-based entitlements
• Prior development of or experience with cryptographic algorithms
• Experience with security for big data platforms
• Programming languages: C++, C, Java, Python, HTML5, Scala
• Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
• Platforms: Hadoop, Spark, Druid, Presto, various SQL databases
For full details and to apply please call Derek Smyth at 6621000, or simply submit your CV through the link today.