My client is Ireland's largest independent bookmakers that are headquartered Dundalk, Co Louth. They currently have a requirement for a senior network engineer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, as you will be Responsible for organising, modifying, installing, and supporting the company’s Network and Computer systems. Design and install LANs, WANs, Internet and Intranet systems and network segments.
• Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and Intranet systems.
• Install and maintain network hardware and software.
• Analyse and isolate issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• Evaluate and modify system's performance.
• Determine network and system requirements.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
• Design and deploy networks.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, IDS/IPS systems.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Participate in rotating “on call” schedules with other members of the team providing third-tier support to the 24 hour
• Service Desk.
• CCNA / equivalent experience
• Experience of operation and troubleshooting of medium/large scale networks
• Extensive hands on experience on Cisco networking equipment within large scale IT infrastructure environment
• Knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF)
• Strong knowledge of most / all of the following: TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP
If you are interested in applying for the Network Engineer role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000