Our client, a rapidly growing marketing analytics company, currently has job opening for a Data Scientist. To be the right Data Scientist for this job, you should have a passion for data, have a strong academic background, but also realise the importance of speed in applying the techniques you develop to actual business cases. As such at least two or more years in a commercial environment is essential.
As a Senior Data Scientist at you will be at the core of all they do. As a key member of the Data Science Team you will help shape the future of AI and ML on the company Platform and ensure they remain at the cutting edge of personalisation at scale. You will work on the intelligence platform to develop innovative, market leading recommender systems, you will help them develop deep consumer insights using the latest data science techniques and technologies and then influence how they deploy these to their platform. You should approach business problems with passion and drive, you relish the chance to solve the complex dilemmas that come as standard when dealing with data at scale and you will also thrive on execution. This jobs explores novel analytical solutions at scale to the travel industry at large. If you are crazy about Big Data and behavioural analysis, they provide you with a great opportunity to build statistical models using terabytes of customer booking transactions and clickstream data. You will be influencing the direction of the travel analytics industry, because they are the leaders in cloud analytics as a service in the travel vertical. You speak Statistics and Big Data stacks with equal proficiency and enthusiasm.
The Data Science team is customer-driven and develops the best of breed intelligence platform that enables travel companies to leverage their online and offline customer data to create stronger, more profitable customer relationships. By joining this team you will be exposed to the latest Big Data technologies. Most of our analytical solutions are developed using Spark. Your mission is to follow best practices in building machine learning models and importantly elicit the business insight encapsulated in them by means of visual analytics. You will experience a fast-paced creative environment where you have a chance to hone your business acumen and develop your technical skills alongside an ambitious team.
• Innovate on and contribute to our analytical solution stack
• Working with the leadership team in developing our product vision and collaborating with team leaders to execute on the analytics roadmap
• Playing an essential role in planning and executing on project deliverables
• Help orchestrate the expanding portfolio of analytical solutions in personalising the customer travel booking experience
• An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline or equivalent professional experience in Data Science
• Over 3 years of relevant work in a commercial environment is required with a background in marketing or advertisement technologies preferred
• Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, and/or Bayesian Statistics
• Strong proficiency in Big Data stacks: Spark (preferred), graph processing systems, Hive, Hadoop, etc.
• Comfortable handling terabyte sized datasets
• Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: Scala, Python, R, and Java
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solver
• Demonstrable interest in challenging technical problems
• Show attitude of leadership and highly self-motivated
• Customer facing experience (preferred)
• Domain expertise in subjects such as activation modeling, acquisition attribution, customer lifetime value, retention and attrition models, survival models, and experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing)
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for the Data Science job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. 016621000. email@example.com.