Our client, a rapidly growing marketing analytics company, currently has a job opening for a Principal Software Engineer.
They are looking for a Principal Engineer to join the team to help take their platform to the next level. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. Who is also drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data.
As a Principal Engineer you will be part of a fast-paced team guiding best practice across engineering and leading the design and delivery of distributed high volume data processing systems. You will be enabling real-time analytics and decisioning solutions leveraging the latest data processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS etc.) and be responsible for providing innovative solutions across the platform to allow our customers gain value from their data.
Another point of note, although they have offices in the US, you, alongside a small group of senior members here in Dublin, will be the key decision makers in terms of tech related decisions. As this is primarily a tech company these decisions will have significant impact on the company growing forward.
• Provides the technical direction and guidance on data processing in the platform.
• Works collaboratively to implement and bring a technically difficult concepts to reality.
• Strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing customer requirements.
• Developing use cases, user stories, design and architecture specifications.
• Strong listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Strong orientation toward high-quality deliverables and high customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
• Always looking to improve and provide innovative solutions.
• Provide technical direction and leadership to teams.
Skills & Requirements
As part of the role you will need to be experienced in:
• 5-7 years’ experience designing and build big data solutions.
• Experience mentoring engineers as well as leading technical direction.
• In depth understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
• Building scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
• Developing REST based APIs
• Developing in Spark.
• NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
• Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
• GNU/Linux-based development.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
• Big Data systems such as Hive, Oozie and Hadoop.
• Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
• Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib.
• Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
• Languages such as Scala and Python.
• Messaging systems like Kafka.
• An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right Principal Engineer for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. S.email@example.com 016621000.