Electronics Design Engineer required for permanent role in Galway. In this role you will develop electronic circuit designs for new products; optimise electronics circuits of existing products; delivering to agreed standards on time and on budget.
• Responsible for the proper conduct of electronics design projects, liaising with other departments, component suppliers, application support, test houses and others as required.
• Generate requirement specifications and verification protocols during the design and development process
• Act as a key technical driver/contributor to help design new products by applying innovation skills and working cross-functionally. Elements associated with success will be:
• Creation and development of innovative circuits
• Technical presentations and discussions
• Feasibility studies
• Innovative component selection to optimise cost and performance benefits
• Ensuring designed products have a competitive advantage.
• Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of production or field quality issues, supporting Sustaining, Supply Chain, Quality or Commercial functions as appropriate.
• Design new circuits or modify existing circuits/components to efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs.
• Instruct, guide and coordinate PCB designers as required.
• Act as R&D representative on selected project teams, providing inputs to cross functional teams, generating project timelines and budgets and ensuring delivery of requirements.
• Honours Electronics Engineering Degree
• Hands-on experience in analog and digital circuit design
• Excellent schematic design experience
• Strong analog design experience with low frequency circuits
• Digital circuit experience with embedded processors
• Awareness of C/C++ and Assembler programming and techniques
• Strong documentation skills
• Experience in concept generation and systems design
• Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others in pursuit of solutions
• Awareness of manufacturing/assembly process and techniques
• Excellent team player
• Attentive to detail
• Track record of on time, on budget project delivery
• Quality focused
• Commercially aware
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence