Java specialist - Belfast-Daily rate
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work within my clients Equities Electric Execution (EE) group and work closely with a front-office business unit. The Equities business has set an ambitious growth plan, and strong technical development is critical to achieving their goals and enhancing their leading position in the financial market. The successful candidate will play a key role in that success and be part of a large group of highly skilled developers.
The successful candidate must be able to operate at a high level and produce results with a quick turn around on key deliverables.
This is a daily rate contract offering a competitive market rate salary with an established company.
• Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with the business users and other technology teams to define solutions.
• Development of the algo applications and crossing components, as part of a global development effort.
• Liaison with support and development teams.
• Third line support of the platform during trading hours.
• Defining and evolving architectural standards; promoting adherence to these standards.
• Technical mentoring of junior team members.
• Strong Java background (particularly server side development)
• Unix / Linux server-side development.
• Good relational database experience
• Very strong SQL knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written; ability to face off to business users
• Good team working skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated, proactive and with determination to achieve goals
• Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
• Experience in full lifecycle development
• Influencing skills to drive development standard
This is an excellent opportunity not to be missed.
My client wishes to move quickly with this process.
Call Sarah Jane on 015367390 for a confidential informative chat or apply via the link below.
For more information on roles similar to this both in the contract and perm market feel free to get in touch.