SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
INFORMATION SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY | DUBLIN
The Rational Group (“the Group”) is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. This role is in the Group’s Dublin service office, in the Information Systems and Technology department.
Our web team is looking for passionate, innovative Senior Software Developer who is keen to work and lead projects for innovative web based products used by millions of players? You will be developing and maintaining systems that strive to be the best in class. If you enjoy working with code and are motivated by working in a creative environment that allows you to build software using the latest web technologies, our role is designed for you.
Focusing more on the job itself, as one of our highly skilled Web Developers, you will analyse user requirements and produce corresponding development tasks, ensuring their completion by putting together a robust end to end process. You will maintain our existing systems, develop new system applications and improve functionality to ensure high quality in any software releases. You will be working on innovative projects such as: Real Time CRM, Marketing Platforms, Customer Messaging Systems, Web based Store, Back office applications and dashboards for our business customers etc.
The Web Developer job is based in our Dublin service office forming part of our Software Development Web Services team. As part of this crowd you will help lead the development services to our gaming companies. And trust us, there are plenty of pioneering projects across the Group.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Exceptional understanding of OOP and Development Methodologies.
- Expert in Java 7/8, Spring MVC and RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with SQL and writing performant complex queries.
- Advanced understanding of HTTP/S, Cross Domain Integration, Web Application Security
- Advanced understanding in WebSockets.
- Solid communication skills, solid writing skills and solid people skills.
- Highly motivate developer who is passionate about writing good code.
- Experience using iBatis and or Hibernate.
- Experience with Angular and Angular 2, Node.js, and npm package management
- Familiar with Git and best practices in Source Control Management
- Enjoys fine tuning services for performance and load testing using JMeter.
Join our innovated driven working environment! You will be mentored by passionate and self-driven professionals. You will be motivated to improve your skill sets and expend your knowledge; you will have the opportunity to competitive long term career. You will also step into a very rewarding environment; we will provide you with a competitive salary and remuneration package, which includes competitive salary, annual bonuses, pensions, private health insurance for you and relocation package.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
- Responsibility and ownership
- Pension Scheme: Company contribution 7%
- Private Healthcare: Yes + family
- Dental: Yes + family
- Employee Assistance Programme: Yes + family
- Income Protection: Discussed individually
- Life Assurance: 4x base salary
- Baby Bounty: £1,000 NET
- Personal Interest Allowance: upto £250 pa
- Lunch Credit: £3 per day