SENIOR MOBILE DEVELOPER - ANDROID
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT | DUBLIN
The Rational Group (“the Group”) is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. This role is in the Group’s Dublin service office, in the Dublin Mobile Group Development department.
The Senior Mobile Developer will work with the team to develop a visually stunning high quality gaming mobile apps, utilizing existing Group mobile frameworks and web components.
Working in response to requests from the business teams and prioritizing tasks in accordance with the business team’s product backlog schedules, the ideal candidate will have proven experience in mobile Frontend development for Android and (desirable) iOS platforms, a strong aptitude for problem solving, boundless creativity, high aesthetic sense and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- In line with clear requirements and requests from Group management, work with other developers, designers and product managers, as well as on their own, to develop high quality code that drives the mobile gaming apps.
- Be part of an agile team and participate in daily standup meetings.
- Remain current on industry standards and trends in mobile development across multiple platforms.
Skills and Capabilities
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of mobile technologies for iOS (Java, Android Studio, NDK).
- Passion for front-end development and a high aesthetic sense.
- Understanding of the production process and the ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, taking responsibility to organize and deliver work as part of the production schedule within set deadlines.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Previous work portfolio
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent
- iOS Development (Objective-C, Xcode, Instruments)
- Experience working with teams across multiple locations
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Experience with web development and relevant technologies (Node.JS, Angular, React)
- Understanding of user interface interaction design
- Experience with project management and delivering complex projects successfully
- Familiarity with the online poker industry, casino and sports betting
- Passion for games is a huge plus
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
- Pension Scheme: Company contribution 7%
- Private Healthcare: Yes + family
- Dental: Yes + family
- Employee Assistance Programme: Yes + family
- Income Protection: Discussed individually
- Life Assurance: 4x base salary
- Baby Bounty: £1,000 NET
- Personal Interest Allowance: upto £250 pa
- Lunch Credit: £3 per day