Technical Support Manager required for multinational pharmaceutical company based in North Dublin (D15). The Technical Support Manager will ensure that internal information systems are maintained and support to the required regulatory standards. This role will suit a “hands on” support manager / technical leads. Its is a supervisory role and will include direct management for the IS Support team (currently 4 people)
· Ensure that all information systems are maintained to the required regulatory and best practice standards, ensuring business continuity
· Ensure that all system change controls are carried out in a controlled manner
· Critically assess systems functionality and optimise practices
· Perform a range of system administration functions for the purpose of controlling the systems and attaining maximum utilisation and efficiency.
· Provide technical support to system end users including but not limited to troubleshooting technical issues and assisting with process investigations.
· Take an active role in the roll out of continuous improvement initiatives across site
· Plan and prepare training modules for end users of software applications
· Ensure that the training needs of the IS Support group are assessed to meet project requirements.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer systems or related discipline.
· 2+ years line management experience (currently team of 4) in an I.T. Helpdesk environment.
· Experience with SAP – dealing with ERP
· Some experience in a regulated environment such as Pharma or Medical devices is desirable
· Any experience with Lab management system (LMS) (Labware) or MES system (Werum Pas-X) would be a bonus