ICT Release Manager
Global Organisation with a central Dublin location
The successful person will be accountable for the release management lifecycle, scheduling, coordination, and management of releases for all applications across various portfolios. Releases can be inclusive of software/application deployments, operating system/software patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, and project deliveries.
You will also be responsible for implementing and managing release processes through test and production environments. The person will work collaboratively with all participants in relevant projects and lead the ICT strategic direction for release management tools, to ensure the process requirements of release management
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
- Service release and deployment policy and planning
- Schedule releases and produce a release calendar with release milestones
- Work with project teams, production support teams, and ICT Leads to determine and manage release criteria for all release items
- Develops, audits, monitors and establishes release management processes and policies in support of ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency.
- Work to create standard deployment checklist for required tasks and roles/responsibilities of participating areas
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to identify release dependencies
- Work with development teams to build tools that will integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Provides expert guidance to build upon quality assurance and release delivery standards to achieve business benefits for all stakeholder groups
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 10 years' experience in Technology environment with at least 5 years' experience in a Release Management role
- ITIL Foundation certification an advantage
- Detailed understanding of change, configuration, and release management processes based on ITIL
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle
- Proven track record in striving for continuous improvement and driving efficiencies, whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Proven commercial awareness and a track record of working with vendors/partners.
- Experience in creating a high-performance culture through target setting, performance evaluation, and employee engagement
- Project Management capabilities with ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team
Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentation skills to board level