Our client, a major, international banking brand, currently has a job opening for a lead data scientist. As a lead data Scientist sitting within the banks innovation centre, your job will see you solving real-world problems that the bank is facing, on a global scale. In addition, you will be tasked with leading teams on diverse projects and providing thought leadership within the bank in the areas of data and analytics.
Although you will be primarily working within the Anti-Financial Crime division you will work on a broad range of projects. Often these will be highly sensitive and extremely complex in nature.
• Thought leadership with demonstrable hands on approach to analytics and the application of data science techniques, such as statistical modelling and predictive analysis, to provide transformative proposals for the resolution of business problems.
• Oversee and lead the creation of models, reports and visualisation solutions providing interpretation and insight into business data and processes
• Issue identification and analysis techniques, such as pattern analysis and root cause analysis, to help identify why issues occur and propose solutions.
• Escalation management of key clients and stakeholders.
• Manage analysts to develop and implement data analytics procedures and best practices.
• Lead teams of analysts on analytic workstreams.
• Mentor and coach junior team members to develop their analytic, technology and business skillsets.
• Extensive experience of leading complex data analysis activities
• Experience working with senior stakeholders to understand business problems and develop solutions
• Expert SQL skills
• Extensive experience of Data Science or Forensic Data Analysis
• Experience working in Global teams
• Experience with Agile principles and methodology
• The ability to identify issues and propose solutions
• The ability to prioritise and negotiate key deliverables.
• Experience with Hadoop (Hive, Impala, HUE, Scoop, map reduce)
• Experience with python or other scripting languages
• Experience of R or similar
• Preferably, experience in a financial domain (capital markets, transaction banking, wealth management)
• Educated at a minimum to degree level (or overseas equivalent) in a quantitative discipline
• You will be:
• Innovative, creative and passionate about data.
• Articulate and able to work directly with a broad range of stake holders
• A logical thinker, organised and meticulous
• Able to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and a track record in providing insight and innovation through the application of data science.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right data scientist for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. firstname.lastname@example.org 016621000 or click on the apply now button.