The EMEA marketing manager will cover for the current marketing manager who will be taking maternity leave. The position will be based out of the European headquarters based in Mervue, Galway and reporting into the EMEA Managing Director.
The EMEA marketing manager will work closely with the European commercial team to drive marketing and sales efforts. The marketing manager would be required to drive all marketing related activities. This would include implementation of the EMEA brand plan, contribution to the market access strategy, creation and development of marketing materials for use on-line and in sales material, management and co-ordination of pan-European events to educate key medical personnel as well as working with marketing agencies to develop content for press release and web based platforms.
An excellent communicator will suit this role, a background in medical marketing on a pan-European basis would be extremely advantageous to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including colleagues, suppliers, agencies, physicians, patients and patient advocacy groups
• Creation of all marketing materials, including sales brochures, value proposition documents, objection handlers, website content, patient materials, advertising and conference material
• Working with designers and printers to deliver timely material within brand guidelines
• Arranging distribution of marketing materials
• Maintaining and updating customer databases on the CRM system
• Generating weekly and monthly reports on the CRM system
• Organising, supporting and attending events such as conferences, educational meetings, team meetings, advisory boards and exhibitions
• Generating and executing marketing and PR campaigns across social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
• Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies
• Monitoring competitor activity as well as keeping abreast of advances in cancer care
• Monitoring budgets
• Educated to degree level in business with major in marketing
• Prior experience in a healthcare setting
• An interest and understanding of the medical device or pharmaceutical industry and regulatory requirements
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Strong analytical and process skills
• Computer literate in MS Office suite
• Ability to comprehend clinical data
• Language skills other than English (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) a plus.
• There are no direct reports.
• Degree in science, business, marketing or a healthcare discipline (or equivalent).
• Master’s degree (MBA, MSc or equivalent) in science, management or business a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five to seven years marketing experience in medical devices/pharmaceuticals (interventional oncology, interventional radiology) or oncology.
• Prior experience marketing a medical product/product line or technology in the European healthcare marketplace.
• Preferred experience in the oncology/cancer market segment, but not obligatory.
• Ability to comprehend, articulate and consolidate clinical data, abstracts, publications and presentations
• Must be able to design and implement tactical launch plans that are supportive of long-term strategic plans.
• Experienced in working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions.
• Demonstrated people and organisational leadership skills.
• Must possess strong analytical and process skills and be computer literate in MS Office suite and Project, etc.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Some travel throughout Europe will be required (20% +) and may include weekends.