My client is a global insurance provider based in north Dublin, and are currently seeking a Principal developer to join their team. The role will involve the development, implementation and support of new and existing software, working as part of the IT Service Development and Operations area.
Duties will include:
• Working to requirements or specifications provided, develop and maintain application systems changes for new projects, existing system enhancements and bug fixes. There will be a focus on quality delivery to agreed timescales.
• Undertake Assessment and estimation activities on specified projects, providing solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas if required, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the Requirements
• Manage and undertake Technical Lead activities where requested on specified projects, providing guidance on overall solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas, bug issue tracking and resolution, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the project in conjunction with Project Manager, Business Analyst, Testers and IT Change Service Manager / Business Relationship Managers
• Managing technical engagement relationship with third party provider of J2EE related technology services
• Liaise with third party suppliers & other internal departments on system requirements/issues, with regards to the delivery and support of IT systems.
• Provide support in the development life cycle, from requirements gathering through to testing and post implementation
• Deliver technical support to both Project Change and Application Support system development teams
• Adhere to Solution design standards and requirements traceability.
• Adhere to all applicable IT development standards, including coding, testing and change control standards.
• Report issues, track progress and developments as part of Project Changes or BAU on a regular basis
• Adhere to issue tracking/logging procedures
• Follow company standards and procedures.
• Keep up to date on new & changing technologies
• Ensure any serious issues are clearly escalated as part of the Project Team
• Will accommodate AD-HOC requests and Tasks
• Assist in the development and training of staff.
• Develop an active & innovative role in the department.
• Third Level degree or Equivalent with 5 to 10 years of experience
• Will be expected to have a proven deep level of knowledge and proficiency in Java and J2EE related technology, including some of the following development specialisations:
• Working knowledge of some of the following Platforms is desirable
• I-Series, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata & Linux
• Will have a proven ability dealing with the other platforms, people and technologies at a level where we can ensure delivery of an overall solution
• Proven previous experience in a project delivery, application support or testing environment will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of products, processes and procedures around financial services systems will be an advantage
• Working knowledge of some of the following Platforms is desirable but not a requirement:
• RPG, RPG/ILE
If you are interested in applying for the Principal Java Developer role, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000