Lead Application Support Specialist (level 2 support)
Our global client requires a Lead Application Support Specialist (level 2 support) with 2+ years practical experience in Application Support, as well as technical experience such as unix/linux or relational databases. This permeant role will see the successful candidate provide 2nd level support, governance, and automation services, as well as providing consultative services to the Delivery Services team.
Job Reference: BBBH10178
What does the Company do?
Our client is a global services company with business operations in the US, Canada, South America, Australia and Europe who have recently established a centre of software development, innovation and support in Dublin's Southside. Their focus is to provide a state of the art platform to their global businesses, delivering stable, efficient systems to customers, retiring legacy applications and transitioning to more modern technologies.
Why would you be interested in this role?
* As one of the first employees in the Dublin Development Centre this is a key opportunity to establish the Application Support function from scratch.
* Opportunity to apply best practices to the day to day operation of the application support function designing processes, procedures and systems, selecting optimization tools to build and provide a world class global support function.
* Opportunity to develop your business analysis skills.
What will you be doing?
* Providing 2nd level support, governance, and automation services.
* Consulting with the Development Delivery Services team on new programs of work with a focus on new releases, the continuous integration process, maintenance of the data stores, automated testing infrastructure and the build environments.
* Coordinating with offshore teams (who provide 1st level support) where necessary.
* As the Lead Support Specialist, you will be responsible for resolving Production issues that cannot be solved by first level Support, able to work at a code-level to solve issues, escalating and engaging development teams as necessary.
* Defining and adhering to Support process and SLAs.
* Participating in solution and data design reviews and updating documentation as appropriate.
* Participating in project demos and design reviews to understand upcoming changes to applications.
* Developing the knowledge database, the support runbook, the consolidated post mortem log and Problem Tracker.
What experience do you need to get this job?
* At least 2 years practical experience in an Application Support role responsible for providing. Level 2 support of large scale enterprise solutions.
* Direct experience in an SLA compliant environment.
* A keen Knowledge of unix/linux, relational databases.
* Capable working in both a small / dispersed environment.
Interested, then apply now:
Upload your CV through our APPLY link and once clicked you will be able to upload your CV and enter contact details. We will review CV's within 24 hours and respond to suitable candidates ASAP.
We have sample CV templates and CV tips, which the recruiter will be happy to share with you!
More Information and Similar Roles
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +44 330 335 1710 or +353 (0)21 4217454.
Job Reference: BBBH10178