Are you a leader in the Product Security Engineering field?
Do you have what it takes to be at the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices and software solutions and systems?
If you think this is you, then we want to hear from you!
This medical technology company has a very exciting opportunity for a dedicated and passionate Senior Product Security Lead based at their Research & Development Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
The Product Security Software Engineer will participate in a full medical software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system. The ideal candidate will also need to possess software development skills specifically related to implementation of security requirements and secure coding standards, e.g., NIST SP 800-53, ISO/IEC 27001, OWASP, SEI CERT, and MS Secure Coding Standards.
- Lead product security risk assessments, hazard analysis, and provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers.
- Implement software security solutions and architect/design products in accordance with industry accepted standards for medical device security including: encryption, recovery, authentication, audit logging, hardening measures, patch management, vulnerability monitoring, and antivirus/antimalware.
- Develop and administer software engineering procedures and training for vulnerability scans and static code analysis
- Assist product development teams in creating Incident and Vulnerability Management Plans and Product Security White Papers
- Participate in product security incident response teams.
- Interface with other technical departments such as Penetration Testing Team, Systems and Hardware Engineering
- Demonstrate proper secure coding practices driving standards within the software engineering organization
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering field
- Experience in software development, systems & architecture concepts and designs
- Work experience in product development
- Experience with C#/.NET development
- Work experience using secure coding practices
- Experience with TCP/IP, encryption, and socket development
- Knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Candidate for or certification in InfoSec Security are a plus, e.g., CISSP, CSSLP
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Work experience in network security is a definite advantage
If you feel your experience and qualifications fit the requirements of this role and you are ready to take on a challenging and fulfilling position, please apply online now to express your interest.