Our client is a leading global financial services company, who have a requirement for a Senior Scala Developer to join them in developing a new strategic system within an agile, cross-functional team environment. This contract is initially for 6 months but has the potential to be extended to 24months.
• You will be a key figure within the Dublin team working across a number of teams in other regions, working within an Agile team, writing requirements and specification (e.g. automated tests), developing relationships across the technology and user communities. In addition making sure we are always focusing on delivery of value using exceptional quality
• You will be responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods; including educating & mentoring less experienced OOP team members and working with teams across London and other regions
• A background in modern OO language with experience in at least one of Java/Scala/Python/C# with a preference for Scala
• Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
• An understanding of fundamental algorithms and ability to optimize existing code
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
• Relationship building skills
• A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills, e.g. collaborative working skills
• Experience of Specification by Example / ATDD / BDD
• Follows clean code principles
• Rigorously adheres to Test Driven Development practices including continual integration
• Experience in Agile/ Scrum methodologies
If you are interested in this position please click apply now or call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000 to discuss this role further. Thank you.