IT Job – Senior Scala Developer – 6 month contract daily rate of 380.00 - 550.00 per day – immediate start
This is a Long term, Daily Rate contract that is between 6 – 18 months. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, in one of the most dynamic areas within one of the world’s largest banks.
You to be part of a strategic drive to migrate our classic applications to the new strategic architecture; The strategic system is being constructed in Scala and Python using Angular in the web stack. My client follows Agile management, Agile, Scrum and Kanban delivery methodologies, with a focus on ATDD/BDD & TDD.
The successful candidate may be involved with classic system changes as well, using technologies including; Cobol, Java, C#, C, Oracle, SQL Server and Tibco Business Works.
• You will be a key figure within the Dublin team working across a number of teams in other regions, working within an Agile team, writing requirements and specification (e.g. automated tests), developing relationships across the technology and user communities. In addition making sure we are always focusing on delivery of value using exceptional quality
• As the successful applicant you will be responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods; including educating & mentoring less experienced OOP team members and working with teams across London and other regions
• A background in modern OO language with experience in at least one of Java/Scala/Python/C# with a preference for Scala
• Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices
• An understanding of fundamental algorithms and ability to optimize existing code
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts
• Relationship building skills
• A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills, e.g. collaborative working skills
• Experience of Specification by Example / ATDD / BDD
• Follows clean code principles
• Rigorously adheres to Test Driven Development practices including continual integration
• Experience of Scrum/ Agile methods
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the top financial services with a HQ in Dublin. If you are interested in this position please click apply now or call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000 to discuss this role further. Thank you.