The Junior BA/Tester will play a significant role in coordinating and assisting the business people in UAT. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to:
- Work with EPA Business owners, the Business Analyst Team and technical IT Development teams to understand fully the business requirement and document accordingly.
- Prepare and document Product Backlog Items (PBIs) in TFS to a standard that is acceptable by the development teams.
- Liaise with business owners, business analysts and the development team to resolve functional and non-functional questions arising from the PBI’s
- Play a key role in the test phase to deliver quality software by ensuring adequate test coverage and test success.
- Play a part in User Acceptance Testing, Regression testing and post Go-Live testing.
- Prepare test cases and scenarios complete with test data.
- Attend and/or arrange meetings to work with Business owners to help identify and prioritise defects.
The successful candidate must have:
§ A minimum of two (2) plus years of Testing experience in a corporate or public sector environment with some exposure to Business Analysis with two (2) current referees in this area.
§ Excellent spoken and written English
§ Good problem solving skills
Ideally the successful candidate will have some or all of the following:
§ Qualification in computer science/business information technology, or a comparable qualification with the corresponding professional experience.
§ Qualification in Environmental Science or a comparable qualification with the corresponding professional experience.
§ A good understanding of environmental processes and IT systems in use in both the EPA and within the various stakeholder organizations such as Local Authorities.
§ Experience of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
§ Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft platforms used by the EPA specifically CRM Dynamics, and SharePoint.
§ Good understanding of web services and the development of web services, including service contracts.
§ Familiarity with Agile methodologies