Brightwater IT Jobs Dublin: Our client are a leading financial services company based in South Dublin. They have an immediate requirement for an IT Asset Management Specialist for a 6 month daily rate contract, for approx. 20 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have strong experience on both software and hardware asset management and will be somewhat flexible regarding the working hours.
• Oversee the management of technology-related assets and contractual agreements, developing practices and processes, to continuously improve asset management and to ensure compliance with budget and contractual requirements.
• Provide consulting advice and recommendations as Asset Management subject matter expert, in order to support the resolution of the most complex IT cases and develop precedents to optimize software and hardware solutions.
• Prepares reports and performs analysis for research to proactively identify savings and improvements in software area.
• Identifies necessary changes in the complex software contracts and is responsible to manage contract updates, liaise with legal, contract and sourcing teams.
• Is responsible for project planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and reporting of Global/cross Segment or Function IT asset projects.
• Support technology refresh and data consolidation programs.
Ideally the candidate will have:
• Strong knowledge of IT hardware and software concepts, tools, techniques and specific applications.
• Understands and can apply complex software licensing concepts to ensure license compliance for all IT platforms (including mainframe).
• Manages contracts for software licensing and maintenance support.
• Identifies approved software vendors and products within the organization or department.
• Is able to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and stakeholders in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Actively assists IT groups in optimizing software requirements and spend for new projects.
• Plays a key role in complex, high-impact or volatile software contract negotiations involving high business risks.
• Responsible for the completion of all project deliverables to required level of quality.
• Uses the proper processes and practices for managing and administering a variety of contractual agreements, such as contract renewals.
• Document licensing and contract term requirements in preparation for contract negotiation.
• Supports sourcing and procurement team during software contract negotiation stage.
• Able to develop best in class processes and procedures for asset management practices.
• Coach and provide advice and counsel on managing inventories while keeping plans and budgets in mind within and outside operating unit.
Ideally the candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, information management or a related field, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
• Software Asset Management certification would be an advantage.
• 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing asset management tools, frameworks and governance.
• 7+ year of experience with establishment and management of software assets for all IT platforms.
This role is available immediately and offers an excellent working environment and strong rates. Please call Derek Smyth at 01 6621000 for more details or simply submit your CV through the link.