Embedded Systems Engineer required for permanent role in Co. Offaly
• Work as part of the embedded software team, developing high quality, robust and efficient code which meets the required specification.
• Work on all aspects of the Software Development Cycle, from requirements and functional specifications, through design documentation and implementation, to test plans and testing/commissioning activities.
• Be able to read and understand device documentation and protocol specifications in order to be able to program, configure and interface with third party devices.
• Follow work instructions to implement the planned solution whilst keeping an open mind to alternative solutions.
• Comply with all company software quality processes.
• Participate in and contribute to routine software design reviews, peer code reviews and software acceptance test activities as and when required in order to produce quality.
• Review and agree project timescales with the Embedded Systems Software Manager.
• Work diligently and professionally to deliver the agreed work products to specification on time.
• Review and respond in a timely manner to issues raised by customers and staff.
• Work with members of the software management team to improve and promote the software development processes.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of current and future technologies relevant to the company’s products and markets – from overall architecture to low-level technical details.
• Qualifications: 2.2 or better Bachelors degree or equivalent in embedded systems, electronic engineering, or similar field.
• 5 years experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of programming and debugging on 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers
• Ability to program proficiently in C and to understand assembly language.
• Any exposure to or experience of any of the following would be an advantage: working with mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE communication systems, TCP/IP, GPS, RFID, CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C, programming in C++ or C#, developing for Windows Desktop, embedded PCs, Windows Embedded/Compact, embedded Linux, real time operating systems, CCTV camera systems, systems integration.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence