Product Engineer with 5 - 10 years’ experience in the areas of new product design and/or product introduction and product management required for permanent role in Limerick
• Manages product support of business unit products from concept to sustain through the New Product Development cycle.
• Interfaces with design, process, test, reliability and quality engineering (internally), and customers (externally) to address product issues through product lifetime.
• Work alongside manufacturing and NPD team to implement continuous quality improvement changes that will improve yield, reduce manufacturing cost and scrap cost to the business unit.
• Analyze customer returns and determine the root cause of failure mechanism (8D, Ishikawa, 5why).
• Establish cross-functional team with design, failure analysis, and process or test engineering to identify and implement corrective actions. Drive to Zero defects.
• Benchmark competitor products, specifications, die size and process optimization and manufacturing transfers.
• Assist with Qualification reject investigations (ATE test, bench analysis and FA lab follow up).
• Generate technical documentation such as statistical analysis report, lessons learned, 8D.
• ECO generation and implementation related to quality or product improvement. Maintain product data and documentation.
• Mentorship with experienced engineers offered and CPD encouraged.
• BS in EE required (MS a plus)
• With minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in the areas of new product design and/or product introduction and product management.
• Ideal candidate would have practical experience in product electrical or electronic design/ measurement.
• Background in applications, test and use analytical problem solving skills to identify root causes and feedback into processes.
• Self-starter with demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to independently problem solve.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present data and status updates articulately and concisely, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong Team Player with leadership capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver timely results in a high-volume production environment, meeting and exceeding the extremely high quality standards that are required in the automotive field.
• Experience with mixed signal semiconductor IC development an advantage.
• Advance skills in statistics with experience in statistical tool analysis an advantage (JMP, DataPower, ..).
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate holder is an advantage.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence