The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Lead Software Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented Lead Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum to join their Biosciences function. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team leader, experienced in the full software development lifecycle, including with agile methodologies, and have experience leading a software development project including giving technical guidance and mentoring less experienced software engineers.
Be the Lead Software Engineer
- Be a ‘hands-on’ technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components ), as well as technically lead a team of software project engineers
- Apply your software engineering prowess to creating powerful, fluid representations of the results from our life science research and clinical solutions in the growing fields of flow cytometry.
- Innovate at all levels of our products from instrument control, through a well-architected app, to a modern front-end. You will work with like-minded professionals to create the highest quality software solutions.
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in software development
- A strong understanding of Design patterns, Data structures, OOP & OOD concepts and algorithms and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Databases such as MS SQL Server, Entity Framework and/or LINQ
- Developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces
- Additionally, experience with C++ would be an advantage
- Direct experience leading software teams and projects
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus