The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Senior Software Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented Senior Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum to join their Diagnostics Systems function. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team member and collaborate effectively with your project team to achieve a high quality products within the scheduled work. You are experienced in full software development lifecycle and adherence to a quality management system.
Be the Senior Software Engineer (Instruments)
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications and product security, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components, and also have the capacity to mentor others including presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Windows Embedded development including Multi-threaded development
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with C++/C
- Experience with VxWorks operating System
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus