The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Engineering**
BD is looking for a highly talented Lead Software Engineer - Informatics with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are experienced in full software development lifecycle and adherence to a quality management system. You are responsible for leading a highly technical software engineering team to build our next generation informatics solutions encompassing deployed, cloud and mobile applications
Be the Lead Senior Software Engineer - Informatics
- Work independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Work with team to establish requirements, specifications, and test plans for software product validation
- Contribute to project schedule generation including scope of work, duration of tasks, and order of execution
- Responsible for translating requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components
- Present/Participate in design reviews and code inspections
- Evaluate and implement solutions to assigned defect issues
- Mentor other software developers to create high quality, robust software
- Anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risk
- Develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Monitor work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in software development
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with C# - ASP.NET MVC development
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL Server
- Experience with Entity Framework and/or LINQ
- Experience developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for the last 53 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!