Your New Company
Founded in 2009 and operating in over 20 countries and offices in Belfast, Dungannon, Monaghan and Birmingham, we specialise in Managed IT Services, Consulting Services, Microsoft Azure Services and Solutions, Microsoft System Centre and Microsoft Software Development Services. We are proud title holders of Microsoft Alliance and Microsoft Gold Partner. We are constantly growing and developing as a company and believe our employees should grow and develop along with us. As an employer we aim to nurture our staff providing a positive, fun and supportive working environment, along with offering consistent training opportunities throughout their employment to supplement day to day support; not to mention excellent remuneration packages. Give us a call to find out more!
Your New Role
(based in either Belfast or Dungannon)
A highly technical role within the Service Department, the role holder will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line telephone & remote IT support to a wide range of external clients. This role will involve working within our Managed Service from the perspective of a specialist infrastructure engineer – the scope of your role will depend on your expertise and background which we aim to utilise, build and expand on throughout your career. You will share our dedication and drive to creating, deploying and supporting pioneering software within a customer focused environment as the only provider of automation solutions for Microsoft across Europe and proud title holders of Microsoft Alliance and Microsoft Gold Partner.
Below in the essential criteria gives a general outline of what we expect from our Tier 2 Support Engineers.
However, we are very interested in hearing from individuals who meets any of the Desirable and Highly Desirable Criteria.
Shift patterns - ranging between 7am and 10pm
As a 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Monitoring, managing and troubleshooting live environments
- Day to day management of a number of both physical and virtual servers spanning multiple domains, including the patching and updating of related infrastructure and VDI desktops
- Incident resolution
- Applying root cause analysis to problems and have solid experience of change control systems
- Ensuring that all system enhancements and service improvements, as defined in user requirements, are fit for purpose and applied correctly.
- Travel to various on-site locations as and when required.
- 3 years + experience of providing IT support services or equivalent experience of customer facing Technical services.
- A fundamental technical understanding of Microsoft Technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Virtualisation.
- Knowledge of SAN Technologies.
- Knowledge of Citrix Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Backup Solutions.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Previous experience of infrastructure deployment, ideally within managed IT services.
- Window Server
- VMM/Hyper V
- HDS Storage
- Azure Infrastructure
- Microsoft Architect
- MCSA, MCSE
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Automation or Scripting experience
- Powershell, VBScript
- Group Policy
- System Center Orchestrator 2012 R2
- Writing SQL queries
- Citrix XenApp 7.5/7.6
- Exchange Server
- Citrix Netscaler
- Excellent Communication skills
- Customer-service orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to varying demands
- Passion and commitment to excel
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - if you have any questions please drop Nicola at line to the same email address or give us a call.