Our client, a global investment bank, has a new job opening for a Data Analyst. If you are the right Data Analyst for this job, you will be joining a special project team that sits alongside the Data R&D team. As this team is located in the banks new Data R&D centre, you will be exposed to many different methods and technologies (i.e. Machine Learning and Hadoop).
Each team project focuses on concept exploration and viability testing. The team provides an environment for the rapid exploration and evaluation of potential analytics opportunities. They run over an intense 2-4 week cycle with a small project team formed of data analysts and business or operational experts, delivering working models and culminating in a report detailing findings and recommendations. Upon completing a ‘cycle’ projects then become subject to the banks Project Governance Framework and are delivered.
In your position you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and will act as a consultant to internal partners on a global scale.
• Independent management of the end to end development lifecycle of complex data analysis solutions to deliver high value, business relevant, analytical solutions to programme stakeholders.
• Design, development and deployment of data visualisation solutions to provide insights into business problems.
• Working as part of a data analysis team to identify, propose and develop complex analytical, business relevant solutions, to accelerate business and regulatory change programmes across the bank.
• Use of data analytics and exploratory analysis techniques to identify opportunities for cost reduction, revenue enhancement, operational enhancement, business optimisation etc.
• Ensuring all deliverables and solutions are of an extremely high level of quality, all testing is fully documented and signed-off, and providing quality assurance support to other team members.
• Promoting analytical innovation and collaboration, both within the team, and throughout the wider organisation.
• Utilisation of data science, statistical modelling & machine learning techniques to achieve organisational and project objectives.
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level (or equivalent qualification and industry experience).
• Six years + experience in developing complex data analysis solutions.
• Extensive experience in the development of business relevant analytical solutions in one or more of the following domains: marketing, risk, finance, regulatory, investigations and anti-financial crime is essential
• Experience working with semi-structured and un-structured datasets.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Experience in large scale transformation programmes
• Experience with Python and/or R (and associated data science modules)
• Experience with data science tools such as SAS enterprise miner, RapidMiner, IBM Watson etc.
• Experience with Hadoop, and associated technologies (Hue, HIVE, Spark etc.)
• Experience with data visualisation tools such as Qlikview/Qliksense, Tableau, Spotfire etc.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Data Analyst job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters 016621000 or click on the apply now button.