The position requires an experienced person to consult with the customer and based on their requirements, to generate specification document(s) which the customer can understand and approve for development. This document can then be used by the developers to work from.
The role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with many and varied software projects and to advance their career within a successful and expanding bespoke software development organisation.
- Translating high-level customer requirements into detailed functional specifications and application architecture.
- Research, identify, test, and select technology products required for solution delivery.
- Clarifying requirements and responding to issues.
- Supporting the development team in the development lifecycle.
- Estimating work effort with no guidance.
- Clearly communicating in all formats including email, phone, Word documents and in person.
- Communicating in writing or in a presentation complex technical issues to clients in a manner understandable by business users.
- Participating in the sales process as a Technical Specialist presenting to customers a broad scope of technologies and implementations of these technologies.
- Working on client sites and accommodating occasional travel (as required by each project).
The role is intensively people-facing, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well developed communication and presentation skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Being responsible for functional specifications, process mapping, database design, documentation of user roles, interface specifications.
- Structured analysis techniques and data modelling.
- Experience in project management and delivering within costs and schedule.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Required technical Skills
- Strong development background is a significant advantage (software development with .Net technologies).
- Experience with OO design and implementation techniques.
- Database design and implementation (SQL 2008/2012/2016).
- Strong Web Application design experience.
- B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing discipline.
- Minimum of three years within a software engineering environment working primarily with Microsoft development technologies.
- Strong Business Analysis background with good customer facing skills.
- Good technical background with an understanding of the issues and processes required to deliver high quality software applications.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team player with results oriented track record.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill.
- Desired - 5 or more years of experience in Information Technology with a heavy concentration in application architecture, integration design in the most recent three years.
To discuss this position in confidence or to apply please contact Matthew email: email@example.com