Our Client is currently looking for experienced Network Engineer with strong
practical experience in supporting IP based systems both phone and audiovisual.
This company has an excellent work environment and offer a strong career path for the successful candidate.
Overview of the responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Assist in the coordination and onsite deployment of sophisticated leading edge contact centre telephony solutions.
- Provide onsite and offsite remote support to our client’s contact centre implementations.
- Research and recommend solutions for telephony/contact centre technology incidents experienced both in test/lab and in the field.
- Perform occasional after hours on call duties and after hours support.
- Occasionally assist customer personnel in implementation of Adds, Moves and Changes to their contact centre configuration.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex network faults and performance problems
- Ensure works in the field are carried out in a timely and efficient manner to the defined quality standards with proper documentation, versioning and backed up of all customer
site configuration information.
- Deliver high quality standards and strive for excellence; act in a proactive, flexible and responsive manner to customer needs.
- Implement quality technical procedures around change/technical implementation.
- Introducing Best Practice
- 3- 4 years experience in delivering new complex solutions on data and voice networks with particular focus on network diagnostic skills.
- Ideally candidate should have at least three year experience in a direct customer facing role and possess excellent client-facing and communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to work on your own initiative.
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- Knowledge of Windows Server systems, MS Exchange and a Cisco Network Professional certification, such as CCNP, CCNP Security or CCNP Voice or equivalent would be equally favourable.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies including Hyper V and VMware would be welcome.
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- MCSE Certification, .SQL skills would be advantage but not necessary for this role
- Strong focus on security and security principals - A proven track record of providing services in an enterprise or service provider environment working with routers, switches, firewalls and Content Monitoring, VPN’s, IP Telephony with particular competence in LAN switching – Spanning Tree, Trunking and VLANs
- Comprehensive understanding of IP telephony, SIP Protocol with a strong focus on quality of service
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication Skills
- A proactive problem-solver that works well within a team to get complex work done in a professional and timely manner.
- Strategic relationships with others across the organization
- Confidentiality and discretion in handling both client and customer sensitive information
- Strong Project Management Skills.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward you’re CV MatthewDuane Rice