Our client, a tech focused financial services firm, currently has a job opening for an experienced Database Administrator. If you are the right Database Administrator for this job you will be exposed to many new areas of both IT and financial services. The company’s philosophy is to allow mobility of staff, both geographically and technically. As such, given time you could be exposed to areas such as development, business intelligence, analytics, or even trading.
Responsibilities and Requirements.
• Work across various database platforms, large data sets, and architect data-centric solutions
• Work as an integral part of the global Database Services team helping manage a large database footprint
• Partner with application developers and support to design and implement global solutions that meet both real-time and historical data processing requirements
• Help drive global database strategy, governance, and best practices
• Help build out a global DBA coverage and escalation model that mitigates off-hours support risk
• 5+ years of DBA experience with MS SQL Server (2008 R2 & newer), Sybase ASE (a plus)
• Solid understanding of OLTP workflows as well as data warehousing solutions (OLAP)
• A well-organized team player with excellent communication skills
• Programing/Scripting language capabilities, exposure to SSIS, SSRS, other database management toolsets
• Ability to work independently, and manage workloads across a wide geographical footprint
• Must have aptitude to learn new technologies
• Flexibility to work off-hours and weekends (as necessary when needed)
• A smaller team environment with 3-10 professionals
• A great place for upward and geographic mobility
• Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on all sides of the business
• The energetic dynamism of financial markets
• Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
• A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
• A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from London to New York and Hong Kong and11 locations in between
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Databased Administrator for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. 016621000 or click on the apply now button.