Image Processing Engineer with Masters / Phd in Image / Video Processing & experience in Image / Video Processing, C & Matlab required for permanent role in Galway.
• Research and develop next generation image, video processing and biometrics algorithms for embedded platforms
• Proactively identify technical solutions and risks for project deliverables
• Responsible for bringing the project from concept to C / Hardware implementation
• Work closely with engineering and QA team and assist in the development of any testing frameworks or data capture necessary for the evaluation of new or existing technologies
• Master or PhD Diploma in image / video analysis and processing fields
• Direct experience in designing image / video processing algorithms including image processing, analysis and understanding
• Expertise in area of computer vision: image feature detection and tracking, object detection, pattern recognition and classification, statistical analysis.
• Proficient with Matlab: general use, plus Signal Processing toolbox & Image Processing toolbox
• Solid C programming language skills especially for embedded platforms
• Motivated and creative person, dynamic, creative thinker and problem solver
• Good leadership skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of optics, image sensors and image quality assessment
• Deep learning and convolutional neural networks
• SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and Optical Flow
• Control system theory.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence