The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference
We are currently seeking a strategic thinking Senior Software Release Engineer to join our exciting and growing team. This exciting and varied role will include design and development of automated builds that allow efficient configuration management of software developed in C# and Java. This person will demonstrate sound design skills and ideas that will improve the build process and procedures in order to help improve the overall quality of the source code.
Be the Senior Software Release Engineer
- Generate metrics about the build such as profiling, unit test, and coverage reports.
- Implement branching and merging techniques for major and minor releases including patch releases.
- Coordinate build schedules with each development team.
- Release staged software builds to development, quality engineering, and production environments.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing build scripts that will ultimately be reviewed and demonstrate strong programming practices when writing Perl, MSBuild, and Ant scripts.
- Develop tests for the installation scripts and build scripts.
- Develop new CM tools to improve the efficiency of SCM and QA process, maintain the integrity of the source code management TFS, ClearCase and the Defect Database (ClearQuest) including software upgrades.
- Responsible for implementing solutions with .NET Framework including packaging and signing assemblies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- Senior level experience in build/release engineering and configuration management.
- Experience with Windows 7, XP Operating System, Web Servers, Windows Server 2008
- Experience in TFS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Perl, InstallShield, and the use of build scripts.
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Windows 7, XP Operating System, Web Servers, Windows Server 2008
- Solid background in TFS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Perl, InstallShield, and the use of build scripts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with C#, Java languages.
- Proficiency using XML, XSLT and build tools such as MSBuild, devenv, Ant, Nunit, FxCop, VMWare
- Knowledge of using HTML and CSS for web page generation.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with multiple project teams including Software Development, Quality Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for the last 53 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!