The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others.
Senior Product Security Lead
The candidate will need to possess software development skills specifically related to implementation of security requirements and secure coding standards, e.g., NIST SP 800-53, ISO/IEC 27001, OWASP, SEI CERT, and MS Secure Coding Standards. The candidate shall be able to evaluate product designs and provide solutions to remediate security vulnerabilities through product security risk assessments, vulnerability scans, and static code analysis. In addition to security solutions for new product development, the role requires remediating vulnerabilities with existing products which requires detailed attention to implementation and product risk.
Be the Lead Software Engineer
- Lead product security risk assessments, hazard analysis, and provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers.
- Implement software security solutions and architect/design products in accordance with industry accepted standards for medical device security including: encryption, recovery, authentication, audit logging, hardening measures, patch management, vulnerability monitoring, and antivirus/antimalware.
- Develop and administer software engineering procedures and training for vulnerability scans and static code analysis
- Assist product development teams in creating Incident and Vulnerability Management Plans and Product Security White Papers
- Participate on product security incident response teams.
- Interface with other technical departments such as Penetration Testing Team, Systems and Hardware Engineering
- Interface with Quality and Technical Service
- Demonstrate proper secure coding practices driving standards within the software engineering organization
- Collaborate with other BD resources to ensure effective design and implementation goals.
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections. Provide clear, actionable feedback for project team members
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering field is required
- Experience in software development, systems & architecture concepts and designs
- Work experience in product development
- Experience with C#/.NET development
- Work experience using secure coding practices
- Experience with TCP/IP, encryption, and socket development
- Knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Demonstrated understanding of developing in a regulated environment and adhering to a quality management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Candidate for or certification in InfoSec Security are a plus, e.g., CISSP, CSSLP
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Work experience in network security strongly desired
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”.
We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for the last 53 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!