Senior Magento Backend Developer
My client is recruiting a Senior Magento Backend Developer to join there growing E-Commerce team in Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity for an e-commerce web developer to work with a team of exceptional strategic, creative and technical digital specialists.
As a Magento Silver Partner, they deliver deliver best-in-class e-commerce applications for some of Europe's biggest retail brands.
• Reporting to the Product Owner, you will use agile / scrum methodologies to complete technical tasks as part of the overall delivery of product features
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
• Perform support and development tasks on Magento E-Commerce Platform
• Debug complex issues and bugs using debugging tools
• Conduct code reviews
• Create, document and implement unit tests and scripts
• Develop custom extensions for Magento (1.x and 2.x) for specific business needs
• Collaborate with colleagues from Design, Marketing, Development, Support and DevOps, clients and 3rd party service providers to develop new ways to enhance website functionality and conversion
Required Technical Skills
• Excellent programming skills in core PHP is required
• 3+ years experience of Magento 1.x (CE and EE)
• Experience of Magento 2 is a plus
• Object Oriented Application Design, OOP PHP, and any PHP MVC framework
• MySQL or other relational database systems
• Knowledge of Git
• Code level debuggers (Xdebugger, Profiler and others)
• Knowledge and understanding of the basic functions and processes of an e-commerce platform
• Knowledge of Magento installation, configuration, administration, security, and optimisation.
• Knowledge of extending PHP frameworks by conforming to coding standards
Required Interpersonal Skills
• Must have a good command of written & verbal English
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve technical skills
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• A team player who can work in multinational, cross-functional teams
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.