My client is a leading global insurance provider. They are expanding their Dublin operation and are currently looking for Microsoft exchange subject matter expert to come in and manage a global migration project.
Ensure that service levels are maintained and continuously improved, and manage the service delivery from the supplier and for interfacing with customers as it relates to Mail and Messaging. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing architectural and engineering support and direction to the retained Messaging teams as well as communicating the Mail and Messaging Strategy.
Role & Responsibilities:
Service delivery and performance
• Manage Global Delivery for IT services relating to the IT Workplace and Mobility scope
• Ensure continuous service improvement and cost effectiveness
• Ensure group standards and policies are met while delivering to local business requirements
• Management and oversight of governance boards
• Minimise operational risks to service and cost
• Implement and maintain global standards for processes, toolsets and methodologies
• Provide IT expertise contributing to projects, service enhancements, new services and commercials
• Perform a broad and challenging variety of work which is non-routine and at times unpredictable requiring the creative application of a wide range of technical and management skills
• Be a single point of contact for specific Mail and Messaging to advise on and resolve questions, issues and escalations related to the service performance
• Work with retained teams in the various countries to ensure delivery of the locally provided services is in alignment with the Group
• Provide leadership function for new service and service improvement initiatives as required. Assume ownership and implementation of initiatives
• Stakeholder management
• Collaborate and effective working engagement with the wider organisation, internal and external suppliers and with the business
• Oversee the operational change management process executed by the supplier by participating in the change advisory board meeting and by negotiating business sign-off
• Proactively manage supplier performance against agreed service levels
• Vendor and supplier management
• Support countries in managing suppliers of outsourced services and work with suppliers to develop options for improving services
• Monitor and evaluate levels of service and ensure SLAs and processes are maintained, fully delivered and appropriate to the business needs
Technical Skills, Education & Experience:
• 7 years’ experience in Information Technology industry with at least 4 in a supervisory or expert IT role
• Have previous experience of working in a global organization with outsourced vendor management (demonstrating strong service governance capabilities)
• University Degree or equivalent or specific relevant working experience
• ITIL fundamentals
• MCSE : Messaging
• Expertise in Exchange SME
• Expert understanding and experience of managing Microsoft Exchange implementations on premise and also Office 365 implementations.
• Deep understanding of other Mail and Messaging environments and technologies including Lotus Notes Domino
• Ability to review, advise and sign off on Microsoft Exchange architectural proposals and implementations.
• Create, review and sign off on helpdesk knowledge scripts to do with Microsoft Outlook and Exchange.
• Expert Knowledge of Mail and Messaging configurations, tools, processes and operations, specifically around Microsoft Exchange.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve Mail and Messaging service and performance issues
• Ability to consult and advise on Mail and Messaging related change and project activities
• Experience of Mail and Messaging project and major change activity such as version upgrades, operational fixes and rollouts including local replicas, quotas and archiving
• Good understanding of underlying Mail and Messaging architecture and design principles
• Good working knowledge of Mobility interfaces with Mail and Messaging services
If you would like to apply for the Senior Microsoft exchange specialist role, please click on the apply now button or contact Ian Donnelly on 016621000