Business Systems Support
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day maintenance, business & technical support and future enhancements of our ERP system (QAD). This person will also have responsibility of the on-site maintenance of our IT systems and co-ordinating with our off-site IT support.
Key Responsibilities/ Description:
• Lead and deliver successful management of ERP projects identified for the business.
• Provide an effective support service for Back Office business systems, and Manufacturing business systems.
• Management of contracts with 3rd party software suppliers.
• Proactively and reactively deliver on continuous improvement processes.
• In-depth analytical skills. Working closely with technical/business teams to provide insights where appropriate.
• Ability to document workflows and processes and procedures. Regularly identifying and promoting opportunities to automate system processes.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to establish requirements and translate them to technical solutions.
• Monitor and troubleshoot ERP issues to provide 1st level application support.
• Ensure that SLAs of support tickets raised are being met. Escalate issues internally/externally and work alongside external ERP support provider to resolve tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
• Involved in creation of functional and technical documentation.
• Day to day maintenance of all on site IT issues, in conjunction with external IT providers.
Qualifications & Experience:
The candidate should have a good general knowledge of information technology, theory, principles and practices. Strong technical knowledge; the successful candidate should have experience working with ERP systems and be comfortable discussing issues with both technical and business teams.
· 3rd level qualification.
· Min. 3yrs experience.
· Experience working with ERP system.
· Project Management.
· A clear understanding of Business Processes and how they integrate across business functions.
· Experience in an IT/Business systems development role preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
· Strong Problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
· The candidate should have experience and knowledge of writing Progress queries and Progress databases.
· Good knowledge of Linux, and Windows server environments.
· Good understanding of database development and maintenance.
· Ability to interpret business requirements.
· Ability to work with various departmental teams.