Our client, a multinational tech firm that provides investment management software and services is currently recruiting for a senior systems engineer to join it city centre office. To be the right systems engineer you should be extremely technical in nature, and posses strong problem solving abilities. Having strong skills with SQL server would be the biggest plus for this role, failing that, if you have a desire to improve your skills in this area it could be a great job for you.
• Play a key role with on boarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration
• Provide production infrastructure support for the companies large and complex base of live clients
• Review and influence the evolving architecture and standards for the Companies SaaS infrastructure
• Have a deep appreciation of why IT security is important to the Company and their clients
• Manage complex support relationships with key vendors, including managed hosting provider
• Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement
• Perform capacity planning for server resources
• Write basic SQL queries perform light database administration tasks
• Support third party infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, job scheduling.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation and service topologies
• Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures
• Collaborate with business and software teams to create/ streamline/ automate support processes
• Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise
• Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation
• University degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS,
• Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
• Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
• 5+ years MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
• 3+ years of experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery Support
• A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Good understanding of core concepts and experience with networking, firewalls, and VPNs essential Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies – active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS,
• Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
• A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives
• Some scripting and automation experience, especially in PowerShell, Perl, etc. A large plus.
• Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
• Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/ IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening
• Experience with some web/ application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, Jboss, WebLogic, WebSphere)
• Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control – M)
• Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus (ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services/ AWS, Century Link, Azure)
• Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix
• XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
• Professional IT certifications are a plus
• Availability to do periodic out of hours/weekend work on rotational basis
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right Systems Engineer for this job, please click on the apply now button or contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000.