The IT Administrator will be responsible for the entire technology estate and IT/IS requirements of the Edgeworthstown site. They will be accountable for managing the interface between the IT Department and respective business units, ensuring a wide understanding of IT services and conversely the business requirements underpinned by those services. They will be professional and courteous to both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers. They will manage 3rd party IT contracts and liaise with those suppliers in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position of IT Administrator. IT Administration includes, but is not limited to the following areas, IT Support, Administration, Networks, Software, Business Analysis, Application Support, Communications and Project Work.
• Ensure that the infrastructure is developed and maintained and that preventative actions are carried out within acceptable timescales in line with internal and external SLA’s
• Engaging with users of the IT Systems in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Ensuring that all work is logged in the C&D Service Desk System, actioned progressed and documented with the relevant details and solutions within agreed SLA’s
• Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware, software, application and network problems.
• Maintain, monitor and analyse systems, networks and peripheral IT.
• Ensure IT Documentation is kept up to date as well as any IT administration tasks and compliance to IT Policies and Procedures
• Maintain asset register for all IT assets on the site.
• Build and develop effective working relationships with the site management Team, financial controller and the central IT function.
• Support and maintain factory systems and networks in cooperation with the operations, warehouse and engineering teams.
Business Support Role
• Undertake tasks to research new or existing systems and the continuous improvement of new or existing systems.
• Engage with other sites as and when needed to support and collaborate on IT issues
• Work with the Site Data group to ensure business information is accurate and accessible.
• Make recommendations regarding our IT Systems or business process improvements.
• To train members of staff in IT related topics where needed
Complete reporting requirements as specified by management.
Excellent Time Management
Excellent Documentation and Organisational Skills
• Networking ( Lan / Wan)
• Active directory
• Server and Desktop Operating systems
• Symantec End point Protection
• Firewall, VPN
Experience in some or all of the following are desired.
• MS SQL Server
• Scripting / Powershell
• Microsoft BIDS
• MS Office
• Notes /Domino
• A degree in computer science or relevant equivalent commercial experience
• Proven documentation and organisational and time management skills
• Minimum of 3 years commercial experience in an IT administrator function.
• Exposure to Report Writing and SQL statements.
• Exposure to and understanding of high volumes of data
• Willingness to take on challenges and find solutions as well as pick up new technologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Must be willing to travel
• Knowledge and experience of BI tools, SQL and Report writing and using SSIS
• ITIL, PRINCE2 and CCNA qualifications are considered favourable.
• Microsoft certifications.
1. Normal Duties
a. Maintaining the Service Desk, ensuring call are being progressed towards resolution
b. Ensuring all hardware & software are operating correctly as part of the daily checks, or if this is outsourced, confirming this with the outsourcing company.
c. Escalate issues where needed to your line manager and/or necessary support contract holders if this is in place
d. Maintain IT Inventory levels and Asset codes and ensuring this inventory is labelled correctly
e. Maintain and update procedures, documentation, inventory assessments, and other procedures related to IT.
f. Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems
g. Support and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance and training.
h. Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
i. Ensuring that the site is compliant in its use of Software and proof of purchase/ownership is updated and maintained for the site.
j. Develop and maintain operational, procedural and informational documentation for business systems, security measure and Disaster Recover Plans
a. Ensuring that all daily Backups are checked.
b. Performing scheduled Restores to verify backups and document those restores
c. Quarterly backup verification checks
d. As a minimum, annual testing of a Disaster Recovery Plan
a. You may be required to provide training to members of staff where needed
b. Keep up to date with developments in IT fields necessary to support C&D IT systems and infrastructure
4. Project Work
a. You may be asked to participate in Project work, or to lead a project from start to finish.
a. Performing Maintenance on systems to ensure best operating abilities of the IT Systems.
a. You will be accountable for the IT budget and spend on site and reporting of same.
a. Where required, procurement of assets or services to service your site.
b. Sourcing best options where possible by securing at least 3 quotes for any purchases above €100 or local currency equivalent
c. Reviewing existing contracts for competitiveness and proposing alternatives where suitable.
d. Any capital purchases must be submitted via a Cap Ex form which can be sourced from the site Financial Controller.
e. Ensuring all assets are documented and tagged correctly and reconciled with the Financial Asset Register. Software must be updated in the Software Asset Manual (SAM)
8. Support Contracts
a. Ensuring all support contracts for your site are up to date and renewed in good time and provide an appropriate level of cover.
9. Out of Hours
a. There may be times when you will be required to work out of hours where tasks cannot be performed during business hours
b. Out of hours work must be scheduled and agreed with Group IT Manager and all members of IT / IS notified. All work must be fully documented on the IT Service Desk.
c. Unexpected outages can occur at unsociable times. You should be available to support the business where the issue is considered business critical.
a. The wearing of correct PPE by you or visitors under your supervision while on site.