Assistant Vice President – Software Development – Carlow
Our Client is one of the world’s leading providers in their industry. Our client is responsible for providing software development for many different large scale business applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a for an AVP to come aboard. The individual must be a strong leader in software development functions, able to inspire teams to deliver leading edge business solutions.
This position is responsible for leading an organisation of IT software development professionals, and will be a key part of the leadership team. This is a highly collaborative position and will require the development of strong relationships and partnerships, continuous communications, and high engagement with the staff to ensure collective performance in achieving business objectives.
• With business leaders develop and execute the strategy.
• Building relationships with key stakeholders and business partners, staying close to the strategic direction of the marketplace.
• On-going development and support of software applications that support new businesses.
• Provide solutions that support external Partners that are effective, efficient, nimble, and simple to use.
• Leading the refinement and maturation of Agile in the organisation.
• Supporting the implementation of Continuous Integration and Engineering Excellence.
• Planning, development and implementation of systems solutions in collaboration with key partners across Acquisitions, Enterprise Architecture, and Data.
• Develop, lead, and coach a high performing team.
• Effectively manage operating expenses within the established budget; consistently reviewing opportunities for reducing expenses as well as recommending strategic investments.
• Work in close partnership with external and internal IT partners to ensure adoption of application development, operations and infrastructure and risk management policies and procedures.
• Proven leadership experience in developing and managing a software development centre
• Demonstrated ability to attract, lead and manage a staff of highly skilled technical personnel
• Extensive experience (15+years) in the Information Technology or Business leadership roles
• Success in leading a number of teams in an international distributed model
• Strong communication skills – oral, written, listening, executive presentations
• Leadership & motivational skills; comfortable with public speaking engagements
• Project management skills
• Budgeting and financial management; ability to maximize resources and capacity
• Experience of quality management systems and certifications such as ISO and CMM
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills; strong team player
• Demonstrated success in transferring, adopting and adapting Home Office practices to the local operation, especially in an international setting
• Willingness to Travel
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.